Udall Middle School Fine Arts Department
Welcome to the Webpage of the Udall Middle School Fine Arts Department
Please join us on FACEBOOK Eagle Chorus
REASONS TO JOIN CHOIR
1) You get to be loud. Always feel
like you're being shushed by teachers and adults? In choir, you're actually
encouraged to make noise.
2) Friendship. More than 42 million
Americans sing in choruses, so you're sure to make some new buddies.
3) See the world! Many choirs go on
tours to exciting and faraway places.
4) Begin the path to stardom.
Mega-celebs Beyoncé and Justin Timberlake started their careers singing in
school and church choirs. Even President Obama was once a choral
5) Bring home A's. Research shows
that students who sing in choruses get better grades than students who
6) Make your college application
shine. Admission folks will love to see that you're involved in extracurricular
activities-especially an activity like choir, which develops teamwork skills and
7) L'amour. Lots of singers date
people they meet in choir, because music is the food of love, after
8) Back rubs. Yeah, that's right:
back rubs. Many choruses do them as part of their rehearsal warm-ups.
9) No schlepping. Singing does not
require carrying around heavy instruments or gym bags. All you need is your fab
10) Bragging rights. Not everyone can say
they've been in the spotlight, but you'll be able to because singing in a chorus
gives you the opportunity to be front and center, baby!
--taken from The Chorus Impact