"Excellence is the Standard ... Success is the Result"
Welcome to the Webpage of the Udall Middle School Fine Arts Department
Please join us on FACEBOOK Eagle Chorus
TOP 10 REASONS TO JOIN CHOIR
1) You get to be loud. Always feel like you're being shushed by teachers and adults? In choir, you're actually encouraged to make noise.
2) Friendship. More than 42 million Americans sing in choruses, so you're sure to make some new buddies.
3) See the world! Many choirs go on tours to exciting and faraway places.
4) Begin the path to stardom. Mega-celebs Beyoncé and Justin Timberlake started their careers singing in school and church choirs. Even President Obama was once a choral singer.
5) Bring home A's. Research shows that students who sing in choruses get better grades than students who don't.
6) Make your college application shine. Admission folks will love to see that you're involved in extracurricular activities-especially an activity like choir, which develops teamwork skills and self discipline.
7) L'amour. Lots of singers date people they meet in choir, because music is the food of love, after all.
8) Back rubs. Yeah, that's right: back rubs. Many choruses do them as part of their rehearsal warm-ups.
9) No schlepping. Singing does not require carrying around heavy instruments or gym bags. All you need is your fab voice.
10) Bragging rights. Not everyone can say they've been in the spotlight, but you'll be able to because singing in a chorus gives you the opportunity to be front and center, baby!
--taken from The Chorus Impact Study--www.chorusamerica.org