KanCare enrollees

  Do you or a family member currently have healthy coverage through Kansas Medicaid (KanCare) or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)? If so, you may need to update your contact information. Soon, states will resume KanCare and CHIP eligibility reviews. This means some people with KanCare or CHIP may get renewal notices or requests for information from the KanCare Clearinghouse.  

Here are some things you can do to prepare:  

  • Make sure your address is up to date. 
    • Make sure the KanCare Clearinghouse has your current mailing address, phone number, email, or other contact information. Call 1-800-792-4884 or go to KanCare.ks.gov to update the Clearinghouse if your contact information has changed. This way, they’ll be able to contact you about your KanCare or CHIP coverage.   
  • Check your mail. 
    • The KanCare Clearinghouse will mail you a letter about your KanCare or CHIP coverage. The letter will also let you know if you need to complete a renewal form to see if you still qualify for KanCare or CHIP. If you get a renewal form, fill it out and return it right away. This may help avoid a gap in your or your child’s coverage.  

Get more information:  

  • Contact the KanCare Clearinghouse at 1-800-792-4884 or visit KanCare.ks.gov for more information about KanCare or CHIP renewal.   
  • Call the Marketplace Call Center at 1-800-318-2596 to get details about Marketplace coverage. 

TTY users can call 1-855-889-4325.